Events: Your Design Companion
A session dedicated to looking at the fundamentals of good housing design; considering the needs of residents and communities as well as the delivery of schemes. We will also carry out a Building for Life 12 assessment and visit the scheme in person.
- How to secure design quality through planning and delivery – Peter Maxwell, LLDC
- Housing typologies,: focus on mid rise – Chris Fellner, Haworth Tompkins
- Housing typologies :designing homes for tight sites – Phil Hamilton, Peter Barber Architects
Design & the Historic Environment
At this session David McDonald, Institute of Historic Building Conservation, will cover the basics of understanding the terms ‘context’ and ‘significance’ when managing heritage assets to create even better places. After lunch we will visit Walworth Heritage Action Zone (HAZ), to see how the HAZ have championed Walworth’s sense of place and historic character.
Good Growth By Design
Public Space, Landscape & Street Design
Understanding Plans & Drawings 2
Housing Design 2
Health & Design
Understanding Plans & Drawings
A session for those who need to understand both the bigger picture and the detail of presented schemes. Looking at the different ways you can visualise projects, from floor planning to construction detailing for facades and landscape plans.
What is Urban Design & Why Does it Matter?
Industry experts will guide us through the key design principles and approaches of successful places and give practical advice about good design, using small site examples that showcase best practice. We will end the day discussing the role of design reviews and how we can best work together to create successful places.
- Rob Cowan – Urban Design Skills
- David Birkbeck – Design for Homes
- Paul Dodd – Urban Design London
- Rachel Jones – Urban Design London
- Kruti Patel – Metropolitan Workshop