Events: Working With The Mayor's Transport Strategy
A series of workshops to discuss and debate the aims of the Mayor’s Transport Strategy (MTS). This series will look at real life activities and approaches that support the objectives in the MTS and identify where additional support is needed to deliver them.
Part of the Working With The Mayor's Transport Strategy
What are the key characteristics of the suburbs that we need to celebrate and maintain into the future? Through a series of exercises, we will look at the positive aspects of living in suburbs and how to retain and enhance these features whilst delivering higher density.
· Accessibility & Small Site EiP Update – Jon Herbert & Jon Goodall, Troy Planning
· The Politics & Tolerances of Suburban Development – Tom Fox, St Albans District Council
· Focus on Enfield – Vincent Lacovara, LB Enfield
· Redesigning the Suburbs – Neil Deely, Metropolitan Workshop
Delegates will propose ways to ensure strategic opportunities for movement will be delivered alongside new growth and support local connections to new public spaces, schools and community facilities.
- Old Kent Road – Colin Wilson, LB Southwark
- Crossrail – Sam Richards, TfL
- Tottenham Hale – Emily Read, LB Haringey
- Thamesmead – Frances Alder, TfL
Sponsored by Street Behaviour
A Civic Square
Going for Growth
We will be working together to create a redevelopment plan for a former industrial site; looking at how a site can provide new public space and housing for its local community.