Subscribing organisations have access to events that cover topical issues and challenges.
Related Events: National
A useful introductory/refresher session looking at placemaking and urban design; covering current policy drivers, how to embed good design in local authorities, and understanding the important elements that contribute towards good housing and street design. This will be a practical session including a site visit and a discussion on the challenges to delivering well designed places.
Event agenda here.
Subscribing members have access to in-house sessions to deal with specific training or design quality management challenges.
Example sessions include:
- Introduction to urban design - training for your planning, housing and highway teams
- Facilitated discussion with Councillors and chief officers on how your authority can best manage and deliver design and place quality
- Feedback on your draft design policies or guidance documents
- How to successfully involve communities
- Introduction to drawing and reading plans
- Creating a walkable neighbourhood