We often hear from those who run, sit on or chair Design Review panels, but at this event those who present their designs and pay for reviews will talk about their experiences at the morning session. After lunch we will run a workshop and panel discussion on how to inform our thinking on proposals to support Design Review in future. You are welcome to attend one or both of the sessions. To book or for more info, please email us.
Morning agenda (09:30 - 12:45):
1. Welcome: London is growing
2. What it is like to take a scheme to be reviewed
- Selina Mason, Lendlease
- Gavin Hale Brown, HHBR
- Katerina Karaga, Farrells
- Teresa Borsuk, Pollard Thomas Edwards
- Charles Moran, CMA Planning
Afternoon agenda (13:00 - 16:00):
1. How is Design Review developing?
- Reviews and public housing -Tom Sykes, TfL
- Reviews and street improvements - Hassan Mohamad, TfL
- Kathy MacEwen - UDL
2. Workshop – How can design review practice be improved?
- Panel procurement, set up and management
- Review sessions and notes
- Use of review advice by negotiators and decision makers
- Monitoring and research
- Hear about what it is like to present a scheme at design review
- Discuss how developers and scheme promoters can make best use of the review process
Time: 9.30-12:45 & 13:00 - 16:00